A scientist can follow a scientific method that doesn’t lean on human understanding but that looks to God for His knowledge and wisdom.
<quote from Real Faith & Reason, vol 2>
Godly Scientific Method
- The fear (awe and deep respect) for God is the beginning of knowledge and wisdom.
- Confess the fallen nature of human minds.
- Ask God for direction and wait for God’s answer.
- Do background research according to God’s leading.
- Ask God to help understand the observations. Wait for God’s revelation rather than just making up a hypothesis.
- If God seems to indicate an experiment, experiment. If God seems to indicate further research, return to step 3.
- Record the results without bias.
- Analyze the data without assumptions by asking God to guide into sound thinking.
- Seek God while using true premises and sound reasoning to conclude.
- As much as possible, communicate results fully and without bias or dogmatism.
- Look to God for correction and further revelation.
These steps will vary widely depending on the Holy Spirit’s leading. Scientists can use these steps or this method. However, those who study the Bible can also use this method. Any decision-maker can use this method. God revealed something about the scientific method to godly scientists, but He still has much to teach humanity about the scientific method. Besides, God uses science to reveal Himself and His creation to humanity. To put it another way, God uses scientific observation to reveal reality to anyone who’ll listen to Him. In mercy, He even reveals reality to those who refuse to acknowledge Him or thank Him.
Have you read this FREE book yet? “Real Faith & Reason” gives the absolutely certain proof of the Bible and the God of the Bible and shows how you can have real faith. This is faith that changes situations and transfigures you from glory to glory.
You can get your FREE copy of Real Faith & Reason, which shows the intersection of faith, reason, truth, and sanity.